Thursday, November 18, 2010

IVs

Sorry for not getting another update out quicker. We didn't get anymore real info until I got here this morning and I can't use my phone to update when I'm with him. Surgery was not able to come last night so the started two peripheral ivs - one in his hand and one in his scalp :(. They need 2 because a lot of things are not compatible with the deloudid. Surgery came this morning and said the line must be removed. I believe this is a sterile surgical procedure that can be done at bedside. They are going to attempt to place a picc line tonight, which is not quite as serious a line as the last one. We are hopeful this will work. I know they tried several times when he was first born and weren't able to, but hopefully he is bigger now and they will be able to. Our other option if that doesn't work is another mega central line, which I don't think anyone wants.

Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really hope that they are able to do the PICC this time and that Little Lalo can get what he needs without being shot full of holes.

Aunt Kirsten

Kathy said...

Hope the picc line works! Good luck! We are thinking of you guys.

Anonymous said...

We're hoping you'll have some good news to be thankful for next week. Isn't it amazing that Little Lalo can smile? --Tricia Brauner