Wednesday, March 30, 2011

CDH Awareness

Hi to all my loving followers -

Usually mom & dad keep everyone in the loop with posts and pictures, but today it's my turn.  I need everyone's help.  Tomorrow - 3/31 - is CDH Awareness Day.  CDH is still a big part of our daily lives and like most CDH families, we had never really known about CDH until my diagnosis.  This defect still only has a 50% survival rate.  I want to help change the future of CDH by spreading awareness, so one day research will make this a 100% survival rate and lessen the long-term effects.  Here's some ways you can help me do this (I'm only 6 mo. old after all)...
  • wear TURQUOISE tomorrow, when someone tells you how fabulous turquoise looks on you (guaranteed!), tell them about CDH.  Get some info here.
  • Spread the word about CDH to just 1 other person.  Imagine how many people we can tell together.
  • Donate blood.  Babies on ECMO, like I was, receive countless blood and platelet transfusions.  I saw that red cross cooler many times a day during my 2 weeks on ECMO.  Here's a link to schedule with the American Red Cross.
Look forward to some adorable pics of me and my brother sporting our turquoise tomorrow!

Thank you all!
Lalito xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Lalito, what's your "type"?

And, out of curiosity, what is your Mom's "type"?

I'm B+.

Love,
Aunt Kirsten

Anonymous said...

You got it Little Lo!
Uncle Rhett, Aunt Jill, Katie and Marisa